Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a virus, help pls
Hi! I was browsing the internet today and when I opened another tab and started to type a query in the address bar, my text was deleted and instead it was:
"Hi (my name) how are you?"
I deleted the text and the next what I seen was "hacked"
I immediately closed my browser and tried to open windows defender but the hacker closed the window and opened shut down windows dialogue then my pc shut down. I disconnected the internet cable, turned on my pc and did a full scan with windows defender but it found nothing. I watched some videos on youtube, followed the steps but still nothing. Can you please tell me what to do? I'm worried if the hacker stole my personal data from my pc?
Sounds like a rather bad situation for me. The symptoms you describe are typical for backdoors or remote access trojans (which are almost the same thing these days). But anyways, what you did was spot on - this cut down the remote session.

However, scanning with MS Defender was not the best option. Such tricky malware typically protects itself against that program by adding the location it keeps its files in to a whitelist. This, however, will be impossible to do with another anti-malware program. I particularly recommend using GridinSoft Anti-Malware: its continuous database updates make it capable of detecting even the most sneaky malware.

But before downloading and scanning, you'd better switch the system to Safe Mode with Networking. This will ensure the hacker won't connect the system once again and disrupt the removal operation.