Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zulip app removal pls help
Greetings! There was a suspicious app Zulip on my laptop for some time. But today I found it in task manager and deleted it. Then I used a system cleanup program to clean up the system from junk and found a hidden folder called Zulip. I decided to open it before deleting it and found a folder «logs». This folder contained strange characters and some of them were blank, I then deleted this folder.
I was sure I deleted it, but it was still there on my laptop, plus I had never heard of such an application. Perhaps some of you have come across it can tell me what it is. I have to say that I originally downloaded Discord Canary but apparently something went wrong. As a result, every time I turned on or rebooted my laptop Discord Canary would spontaneously open 7-8 times. Then it stopped doing that and stopped appearing at all. After some time Zulip also started to appear in the task manager and also 7-8 times until I deleted it. Could that download be infected?
I also noticed that the drag and drop function stopped working on my laptop. It didn't work in other programs, but I suspect it's related to Zulip because after uninstalling it, the problem went away for a while. I uninstalled it several times, but it kept reappearing on the system. Can you tell me what to do about it?
Zulip sounds like a genuine application to me. At least Google knows about a completely safe program with that name. Though I am sure you are talking about a different one.
Can you please share a screenshot of this Zulip? So I can see how this rogue looks like
I can't upload the file here for some reason(( But I have checked where the file is located, it is Appdata Roaming something folder. What should I do next?
Genuine Zulip program will never place the files in AppData\Roaming folder. That is likely a browser hijacker or an adware, they do like placing their files in this location. Scan the system with GridinSoft Anti-Malware and remove whatever it finds